View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:23 AM   #13
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After about a quarter of a mile, I begin to hear thunderclaps and harsh noises. The trees open out to a clearing with some ruins, called Raumas, an ancient temple. I see a war party of more than 20 Giaks assaulting the ruins, and among them is a young theurgist wearing the sky-blue starred robes of the Magician’s Guild of Toran. He launches another bolt of lightning into the Giaks.

I see a black garbed Giak larger then the rest and seemingly ordered the others in their attacks. On his order, five Giaks move as one, with spears raised, and charge the magician. While he faces tehm with more magic, a sixth Giak sneaks behind him with a cruel looking sword, and is about ready to ambush him. I have several options:

Shout a Warning
Run Forward and Attack the Giak
Pick Up a Chunk of Temple Marble and Throw it at the Giak.
Turn and Leave

The third option makes the most sense. I can still charge if it misses, and it is a lot better than a random stranger charging out of the brush at a magician already under assault.

I am sent to a section that requires me to roll a die. I roll a 4 and turn to the given section. The marble cracks into the Giak’s skull and it dies, falling to the ground.

After seeing me enter the clearing, axe in hand, the lead Giak shouts to his remaining troops and they flee the ruins, shouting at me as they do. The magician did well. Over 15 Giaks are dead.

We shake hands. He is quite exhausted and tired and thanks me for my aid.

His name is Banedon, and he is a young apprentice in the Magician‘s Guild of Toran, although quite capable as you’ve seen. He has been sent to the Kai Monastery with critical news, and pulls out a letter.

You open the letter. The Guildmaster of the Magician‘s Guild has discovered news of a possible attack on the monastery and dispatched Banedon to give the Kai the news before they fall. Unfortunately, the Darklords were faster than the Guildmaster believed, and the Kai fell before they got the news, with Banedon less than a mile away from the Monastery.

Banedon believes the Magician’s Guild has been betrayed from within. What he tells you:

“One of my order, a brother called Vonotar, had explored the forbidden mysteries of the Black Art. Ten days ago he denounced the Brotherhood and killed one of our Elders. He has since disappeared. It is rumoured that he now aids the Darklords.”

You inform Banedon that the Kai have already fallen. You are the last of the Kai. Sorrowfully, Banedon reaches into his shirt and pulls out a Crystal Star Pendant. He tells you it is a signed of the brothers in his guild, and it is a token of good luck. Lone Wolf slips the Pendant on (special item acquired).

Banedon leaves to inform his guild what happened, and I go my way.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote