View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

EUIII - The Naxos Campaign - COMPLETE!!!!

Hello all and welcome to a new EU dynasty by yours truly! This is my first time through the new game, so I may make some early blunders. I don't know how long my interest will last. The entire game? Only a few days? Who knows?

EU3 is an epic strategy simulation game where you can run any significant country in the world from any start date beginning at 1453 and going through 1780. I will be starting May 30, 1453, the first possible start date.

For my first game, I would like to take some country I have not experienced yet and play around with it. In EU2, I began by trying Wallachia several times, dying each time in around an hour to the Turks. Then I took Trebizond, an Orthodox state in the south east coast of the Black Sea, and made it through an entire Grand Campaign (400 years). My next trick was to play as a one province Holy Roman Empire province - Oldenberg. I took stauchly Catholic Oldenberg through a Grand Campaign as well.

After that I began my favorite campaign, the Mataram campaign, which is hear on the forum in a dynasty. The Hindu country in the Indies was a lot of fun to play. After that, I ran around with Granada for a while, including another dynasty here.

Once I left EU2 and moved into CK, I played heavily as Halsingland, a Swedish province and became the King of Sweden. In a later game, I began as Salerno, in Southern Italy, and became King of Italy and Naples.

Italian, Iberian, Scananavian, Middle Eastern, The Indies, and German have all been mine to explore. Where to start this time?

I want a one province country. Many nations now have two or three provinces where they had just one in EU2 (see: Wallachia). There are five seperate one province nations in Ireland, and I could try my hand at one of those. I could also try one of the Russian minors - there are several one province nations there, like Pskov. I could try a Muslim ME power, instead of an Orthodox one. There are several one province Muslim nations, but they are usually surrounded by major aggressive players in teh Muslim world. I could go back to SE Asia and try a main-land one province nation. I could also try that African campaign I always wanted.

There are a lot of choices, but at the end, I decide to make this one: Naxos.

The Duchy of Naxos is located in the Aegean Sea. It consists of many of the smaller islands in the Archipelago plus a few major islands there as well. Here are a few thigns to note about Naxos:

1). Naxos has no Casus Belli against any province out side of Naxos proper. I cannot reclaim land in the name of my ancestors or anything.

2). Naxos is a Catholic country with an Orthodox majority. This is very bad. My people will never be as happy or as productive as they would be under an Orthodox master. Conversion is very expensive.

3). Naxos Province has a straight to the province of Athens, which means that my army can cross to Athens without need of a navy.

4). Naxos is a wine province, which is fairly wealthy in the world, and very wealthy in Europe. (There are African, Asian and New World trade goods that kick the ass of wine, but for Europe, wine is almost as good as it gets. I mean, its not Spice or Ivory or Coffee or Chinaware or Sugar or Tobacco but it is good alright).

5). Naxos is right alongside the mighty Ottoman Empire. They could eat my nation as an appetizer along the way to a real war at any time.

6). There are several one province nations nearby that I may want to attack and expand into. Athens is poor, just a fish province, but is a fellow Catholic. Could be an ally or a victim. Morea, which is South Greece is another Wine province and Orthodox. The Knights are set up on Rhodes. Cyprus is not that far away. And Corfu is a vassal of Venice, but if that changes, I'd look its way. I could also opportunity attack up the Adriatic Coast and hit some one province states like Ragusa or swing by Turkey and hit up Kalamar or grab a farflung Italian province like Mantua.

With a little luck, I hope to make this an interesting campaign.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 04-04-2007 at 01:25 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote