View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 03:14 PM   #10
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Naxos Stretches its Muscles for the First Time

February 27, 1466 - Muscowy wrestled away one of my merchants. I send in another to take its place. It has set up. We still have three there.

June 4, 1466 - Modena offers us an alliance. Modena is a three province Italian power in the northern peninsula. If Aragon were to attack them, they'd likely attack Tuscany or the Papal States first, then Modena would be next up the peninsula. Earlier, Modena was attacked by Milan but they fought Milan back and even took Parma from them. That shows some spirit.

We currently have a royal marraige and a great relationship with Modena, and she is also allied with Tuscany, meaning we could get pulled into an Italian Peninsula war against Aragon eventually.

Just the sort of situation we want in order to cherry-pick something like, say, Malta? Maybe one of the Sicily provinces?

Let's do it.

2 September, 1466 - We expand again in Venice to four merchants when I see a spot open up.

6 Spetember, 1466 - Grrr. The Qasim Khanate forced out one of our merchants, dropping us back to three.

November 30, 1466 - We expand again in Venice when another spot open up. All of this merchant spending, however, is reducing our treasury.

January 1, 1467 - Our trade technology increased and as such, we make more money from our merchants in Centers of Trade. We now make roughly half a ducat a year from our trade in Venice.

January 4, 1467 - I have an extra diplomat sitting around, so I send him to Cyrpus to hammer out a royal marriage. We are now closer to our brethren in Cyrpus.

March 29, 1467 - We expand in Venice again, taking us to the maximum of five merchants in that Center of Trade.

6 September, 1467 - Morea has joined war against Hungary, Lithuania and Poland with their allies Wallachia and Bosnia.

What this means is that Morea may not be long for this world if any of those major powers bothers to march or sail an army down to take out Morea. It also means that if Morea moves their army out, they may be vulnerable to a strike from a certain Naxos.

Does this change things?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-04-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote