View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quiet in Naxos, Busy in Europe

15 September, 1467 - I'm watching the Morea situation closlely, and there's a naval battle between Hungary and Morea going on. Their army has not marched.

29 September, 1467 - Morea lost the naval battle. Is an invasion to follow?

December 1, 1467 - It doesn;t look like Hungary was interested in invasion, just blockading Morea.

January 17, 1468 - Bourbonnais blasted one of our merchants. In other news, Denmark has lost its entire peninsula to Austria, but it keeps its holdings in the sea and in Sweden, plus a few mainland provinces it captured earlier. Brittany was invaded hard by France and Provance and it down to one province.

February 14, 1468 - Our new merchant sets up shop. We are back to 5. There's still no move on Morea by anyone, nor has Morea moved to attack anyone.

July 2, 1468 – Another naval battle begins between Morea and Hungary.

July 16, 1468 – Bohemia and Hungary form a Personal Union, with Bohemia as the leader. I don’t know what that means. Let me look it up… Can’t find much. It’s obviously a really close dynastic tie, maybe its like a dynastic vassalization?

July 27, 1468 – Lithuania has inherited the crown of Hungary. Wow. That’s a super power now. Morea’s naval combat is over.

13 August, 1468 – Transylvania declared war on Wallachia. Morea joined war on behalf of her ally but Bosnia said no thanks.

26 August, 1468 – Muscowy and the Qasim Khanate have declared war upon Lithuania. Poland is aiding her ally, Lithunia. Eastern Europe is going to be in flames.

24 September, 1468 – Candar declared war upon Trebizond. The Ottomans join Candar. Georgia joins Trebizond. Seems like a lot of locals are beginning to fight this year.

6 November, 1468 – A new monarch rises to the throne of Athens. Antonio III. He’s really, really good. Great in fact. Amazing – on the level of the best monarchs of the major powers. A good ally.

2 December, 1468 – Wallachia accepted peace with Lithuania and Poland but lost half of its territory. That caused a truce between Morea and Lithuania/Poland. Now they are just at war with Transylvania.

Well, that was the most detailed year so far. Lots of things happening, just near us, not involving us. Now it may be time for a bit of creating our own luck, eh?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-04-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote