View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #45
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Illusions of Grandeur

1 June, 1496 – Ragusa declares independence from Venice.

16 July, 1496 – Pommerania offers us a Royal marriage. I accept.

18 July, 1496 – Aragon rejects our royal marriage proposal. Bastards.

2 August, 1496 – The Irish dukes go to war after one dies and will’s his throne to another.

23 August, 1496 – We enter into a royal marriage with Hungary after I send an envoy.

1 September, 1496 – Our Trade Tech increased.

24 October, 1496 – Mazovia offers us a Royal Marriage and I agree, of course.

13 November, 1496 – Mazovia follow up with an alliance offer, but its too far north. No sense allying with a Russian power.

22 March, 1497 – Tripoli has ceded two of their provinces to the Mameluks. They are left with just their capital – a nice, wealthy, Ivory state. This would be a perfect opportunity to cherry pick a plumb reward here in the Mediterranean. I send my fleet over to investigate after loading it with all of my troops.

Outside of Egypt, Tripolitania, Tlemcen and Oran are the only North African provinces worth having. Seeing one available right now makes my mouth water.

I really wasn’t expecting to go to war anytime soon. I was expecting to wait until I had Cyprus fully annexed before moving militarily to expand, but I can’t quabble over opportunity.

25 April, 1497 – Sweden offers us an alliance, and I turn them down.

26 April, 1497 – My fleet arrives off the shores of Tripoli and I am happy to discover that there are no defensive troops there at all. How can I not pick this plum?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 03-04-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote