View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 09:25 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Interesting QB Dilemma/Discussion

As we come to the end of the CCFL preseason, (Weeks 4-5 were this morning, regular season starts on Monday,) I find myself in a place to make an interesting QB decision.

BACKSTORY: It's a cap-crunched league, meaning that we add 15% of the cap to every team in lost cap room every year, so that we're only working with 85% of the salary cap. As a result, FA is far more robust, with many top teams being forced to expose good players to the open market. My starting QB left via FA, but I was able to trade for a solid replacement. However, right after I acquired him, tzach made me a trade offer for him that I couldn't refuse, so now I don't have a clear #1.

First off, the offense is pretty strong everywhere other than QB, so the guy is gonna have some weapons:

Dropbox - Screenshot 2020-12-17 09.50.12.png - Simplify your life

My QB options are as follows:

Dropbox - Screenshot 2020-12-17 10.02.55.png - Simplify your life

Dropbox - Screenshot 2020-12-17 10.03.10.png - Simplify your life

Dropbox - Screenshot 2020-12-17 10.03.21.png - Simplify your life

Their estimated AvInt numbers are 33, 83, and 54 respectively. So, in short, my options are:

FAIRCLOTH--Triple-affinity guy who is quite strong with short/medium/long throws but will throw more picks than average.

HUDSON
--Single-affinity game manager vulnerable to double coverage but shouldn't throw a lot of picks.

SAWYER--Young guy with solid upside and no major liabilities. Will never have any meaningful affinities or conflicts due to 2 personality. Sawyer is trending upward in ratings. (I rarely keep under-55ish guys who aren't.) He's 10/40-->25/51 so far.

I think this could make for an interesting discussion, as there's no obvious leader here imo. The other issue at hand is that I have 57 guys I'd like to keep, so cutting one of the older guys before the regular season starts on Monday is most definitely on the table.

(I have already decided how I'm going to handle this, so I'll weigh in a bit later after some folks have responded, probably this evening.)

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 12-17-2020 at 11:32 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote