View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 08:16 AM   #16
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

So, here's an expansion on how I see the pros and cons of each, specific to this team

HUDSON
Pros--Yes, low interception pct, but I've observed that I value that less than many others. For example, my current IHOF QB has taken us to six bowls (2 wins) with his low 30s AvInt and 17 picks per season. Part of it is probably because I tend to throw further down the field than most, so a fair number of my QBs' picks end up being more of the 25-yard "punt" variety. Anyway, I also like his Sense Rush, which I DO value highly. The best way to avoid the FOF sack-fumble-TD (which I suspect may be a little overdone) is...not getting sacked.
Cons--The low bars in most pass distances, as well as on third down, are concerning. Other than my TE, most of my receivers don't have a particularly good Adjust To Ball rating, so a fair number of those bad passes are going to be incompletions. He's also year-1 cohesion.

FAIRCLOTH
Pros--I think I've mentioned the main ones for him earlier--super-high triple affinity (95 for him, 93/100/87 for leaders) and low on the bad passes in the distances I like.
Cons--Yr 1 cohesion, Interceptions, SR, Acc.

SAWYER
Pros--He's likely our QB of the future, so getting him in there and developed would make some sense. He's not going to be terrible at any skill once he hits his peak.
Cons--Lotta green for a team that's almost always in "win-now" mode.

Him being affinity-neutral is both a pro and a con for me. Means I can focus on position-group affinities with my draftees without concern about the QB, but the QB will never have meaningful ones.

So, what do I plan to do? Unless one does really badly, I'm going to split starts between HUDSON and FAIRCLOTH. That way neither will ask for big money or hold out if I decide to stick with them next season (which is a pretty good possibility.) SAWYER will likely get a start or two when we're playing weaker teams. If I can keep him "Content" through the next year or two, then I can sign him to a cheap long-term deal after that.