View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 07:18 PM   #3
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I don't have that particular company, but I do have a similar plan from another company. To me, the biggest things it covers are the AC and septic system. Those can both be high-dollar items. Right after I moved into my new house three years ago, the AC system took a dive. They had to replace the outside compressor and blower unit in the attic. $5K worth of parts and labor, and all I had to pay was the $75 service call. I recently had to call them because the motor in the jacuzzi tub was randomly turning itself on, which is not good with an empty tub. A $600 motor was replaced, again for the $75 call. But since the house was built in 2001, and sat empty most of its life before I bought it, I don't expect much to go wrong with the other stuff.

I think the key is to closely examine what is covered, and any restrictions there are on the repair work. There are several companies out there that provide this kind of coverage, maybe even from your mortgage provider.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote