View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 04:58 PM   #575
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
My question, then, is why unvote? Why make the tie a surprise end of day thing? Surely, the actual towny thing to do is to vote the other person up for a lynch and then try to convince people to vote with you. Or, if you're too frustrated to convince people, at least be upfront and honest about the vote totals. The way I see, EF tried to slip in a tie and only unvoted in the hope that it would help confuse the town. That is not a town action.

I felt it was pretty clear he was frustrated when he unvoted. You're trying to bring rationality to the decisions of a frustrated and emotional individual. I think it is a mistake to presume EF was thinking too clearly at that point.

Quote:
I listened to your complaints about Vaimes, and found that the only one making poor decisions in the long run was you. I've now listened to your complaints about me and again have found them to be worthless and harmful.

I am not the one making a player so frustrated he votes nightfall at the start of the day. I am not introducing confusion into the village with a false claim. I am not ignoring all other perspectives just to satisfy my conviction--based on a whim or a hunch at the start of Day One.

If I am making harmful decisions, I shudder to think what level of harm you are doing.

Quote:
Similarly, your idea that someone should be lynched for bad play in a previous game is horrific and unfair to the person.

Have you never played on Day One before? It's a meta vote to start the game, where everyone but you (apparently) has no information. I (and many others here) often make pointless, meta votes to get a vote going, and then as the day progresses and we start to consolidate, then I flip to a more proper candidate based on the discussion in play and my gut feel (because once again, I don't have information on Day One).

I believe you know this and are using an argumentative technique to attempt to make me look bad. I give this group of players far more credit than you, though, and believe they will see through it.

Quote:
Do you have any further points to make?

Not that you will accept, clearly.

Quote:
Ok. Why do you believe it is real?

Because I have played WW with EagleFan for several years now. And I have seen any number of emotional outbursts and breakdowns in similar situations with others. His reactions are not unfamiliar to me.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote