Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 08:11 PM   #587
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
My turn. Was diagnosed with skin cancer a couple of days before christmas and have surgery scheduled this coming Monday. Doctor says it was caught very early, but, still not very assuring to me for some reason, probably just the pessimist in me. I feel bad about even posting this because it's not close to what others have been going through here lately in this thread. Anyway, not looking for sympathy or anything like that, just wanted to say if something seems weird with your body, don't hesitate to go get it checked out. The sooner the better.

This post may be the nudge someone needs to pick up the phone tomorrow and make their own appointment to get checked out. There is great value in that.

Ditto the last line in JIMGA's post.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote