View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 10:54 AM   #257
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
We are going to look back in 10 years and wonder why people ever did DVDs by mail. My guess is it's already a dying business.

Netflix is ahead of the curve here by shrugging off their DVD users and just focusing on streaming content. Completely agree with Wade that they need to aggressively improve their content if they are to continue to be successful. Buying Hulu would be a start.

And, not surprisingly, I think Subby sums up what I'm trying to say way better than I am.

I think Streaming is the way of the future. However, I don't think Netflix (or whomever) is going to succeed at streaming becoming mainstream until the selection improves.

I can't find numbers or anything, but I believe that it is still a small minority of Netflix customers that use Netflix streaming - and I'd argue mostly for this reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote