View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:25 PM   #273
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I mean.. I guess you have money to just throw around, but otherwise, especially with TV shows, streaming/renting movies/tv is dramatically cheaper and more accessible.

Not to mention storage issues.

No need to worry about storage issues if you have the DVD. Unless you mean shelf space. Of the 100% of the current tv shows out there, there's only 3 that I can think of that I would buy the season DVDs. But, I just watch them on my DVR. As far as movies go, if the movie strikes enough interest in me to want to watch it, I just buy it. I like having something tangible in my hands when it comes to watching something. You can't hack my DVD. Netflix streaming goes down, I can still watch my DVD. My internet goes down, I can still watch my DVD. My computer breaks, I can still watch my DVD. To me, DVDs are like books and that's why I'll never own something like a Kindle or ever use Netflix (unless they somehow manage to get live sports).

Depending on the tv show, I have no problems paying 30 - 40 dollars for that show when they are released on DVD. If that season has been out for more than a year or so, I'm not willing to pay much more than 20 - 25 dollars for it. Amazon is great for discounts.

Movies...Depending on how much I like the movie, I'm flexible on the price. I refuse to pay more for Blu Ray discs than what it would cost for a DVD. I got Blazing Saddles for 9.99 at Best Buy, on Blu Ray. Good price in my opinion.

So really, I see no need for a service like Netflix or rental boxes, when I have Amazon, Best Buy & my DirecTV with DVR. The only time when I'm not home that I ever have want or need to watch a movie is when I'm at the airport and on a plane. Nothing I can't rip off of a disc and put on my iphone.

I don't begrudge anyone that uses something like Netflix, I just don't think that it's the best way to watch things and serves my viewing needs, absolutely no purpose. Even with the price hike, I think that is super cheap if it's all-you-can-watch, but, I have no need for it.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote