View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 08:16 AM   #67
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
What's actually considered a good choice for TV and/or internet then?

Most people who have Time Warner hate it.

Is Charter cable all that great? Is AT&T's Uverse the bomb?

Is there some cable/cable type company that even, say, 50% of the people who have experience like?

When I lived in Chicago I had WOW (formerly Wide Open West): http://www.wowway.com/home-map

I can't recommend them highly enough. Performance was very good, prices were reasonable, but customer service (including techs) was unbelievably good.

Two examples:

When you have techs come out to install cablecards in a Tivo from other companies, they will invariably either a) have no idea what they're doing or b) give you a lecture about how cablecards and/or the Tivo are the worst things possible. WOW techs, on the other hand, generally knew what they were doing with the cable cards & Tivo, or, if not, were excited about figuring out how to do it. I.e. actual techs as opposed to cable "plumbers".

When you have to call tech support you get someone who is personable, knowledgeable, and tends to be a very good troubleshooter. There's also no sense at all of a rush to get you off the phone within a particular time period.

I can't recommend them enough. If they ever come to Maine I will switch back immediately.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote