View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #105
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
See, this is it right here though. We have no information, but on the surface "unarmed 18yo shot at distance multiple times" doesn't look good. We have a dead black man/boy and little other information - but the first inclination for many is to side against the black kid and call the suggestion that he might be a victim (again - the dead one here) b.s.

Either that's a misguided trust in authority, or it's racism.

It's having more faith in the initial reports about the alleged victim lunging into the car than the distraught alleged eyewitnesses versions of the same incident.

Simple odds about what's a more likely scenario, as good a starting point for an initial assumption as many.

As for race, it was a delusional white unemployed truck driver who opened fire with a shotgun and killed one of most affable young officers I ever met as well as another member of the SWAT team (and wounded a third) that was trying to rescue the suspect's 73 year old mother who he was holding hostage & threatening to kill. Steve left behind a wife and two children.

It was a black man with a long criminal history who shot the finest drug enforcement officer Georgia, perhaps the entire Southeast, ever saw. One of the keenest minds I ever had the privilege to encounter, he was writing a simple traffic ticket when the drug runner panicked, walked back to the car & opened fire. Robbie also left a widow and 2 children. And I sat in Hartsfield airport awaiting a vacation flight and wept when the story appeared unexpectedly on the morning news. Covering his work as a local reporter had been nothing short of a privilege.

It was a third generation piece of ghetto trash that shot two officers here in Athens recently A respected veteran black officer recognized a vehicle to the suspect's cousin, stopped to ask if he might have seen the kidnapping & carjacking suspect, not realizing that the suspect was in the passenger seat. That officer was shot twice and would likely have been executed if not for the coincidental arrival of another officer's patrol car. The suspect then shot Buddy Christian through the window of the car, literally running to the window to fire before the officer had any idea what was happening. The husband and father of two young children died at the scene.

White cop, black cop. White criminal, black criminal. I give less than a flying fuck what color you are, those who assault police are the most dangerous of all criminals, without regard for law nor repercussions. Dangerous animals afaic, and you'll not see a tear from me when one of them is put down.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-12-2014 at 09:37 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote