View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #456
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Jon, is this a real belief, or just for effect?

I couldn't be more serious. Not sure what search phrase would work on this but my advocacy of making repeat drug offenses capital crimes is long standing. I've held that position since before the internet was even around.

Quote:
What about people who drive up our medical insurance rates by being overweight or not doing enough to prevent consuming more health care?

Are either of those again the law? (edit to add) Have either of those been the subject of enforcement, however mild, for decades?

Quote:
I don't think the good-old days were necessarily that good.

"Good" is relative I suppose. But "exponentially better than what we currently have" is something I believe with every fiber of my being. I've wept for bringing a child into a world as f'ed up as this one, it's a guilt that I doubt I'll ever be able to find relief from (at least not in this life). I carry that guilt despite a belief that a lot of what has destroyed the quality of life in this country was set in motion before I was even born, much less could vote or do anything even microscopical substantial about it. Perhaps one of the few things that allows me to live with that -- however narrow run it may be at times -- is to have the courage to be honest, to be candid, popularity of that opinion be damned.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-17-2014 at 05:49 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote