View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 06:19 PM   #458
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I believe you're being honest about this. I wouldn't say you're trolling. But you have to understand when you present an opinion that's quite unpopular, perhaps calling for the execution of a loved one who, in his or her heart, was not trying to cause anyone harm... it's not going to go over well.

I've got relatives who've done time for drug charges (one on relatively minor charge, one pretty damned serious stuff). Changes exactly nothing about what I believe the right approach is/would be.

And, well, popularity has never been one of my trademarks. Also has no impact on my belief. If I'm in the majority more the better, but it just doesn't impact me a great deal either.

I appreciate your acknowledgement that, whatever I'm doing here, it's not intended as trolling or some other such b.s. accusation. You're welcome to doubt my judgement, my wisdom, whatever but of all things nobody here should ever doubt my sincerity. Hence my lengthy response to your question I guess.

I may occasionally post here out of boredom but I ain't that bored. If I didn't mean it, I wouldn't bother. Hell, even friggin Candy Crush is a better use of time than that sort of thing.