View Single Post
Old 08-18-2014, 01:49 PM   #488
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
You don't know and I don't know enough about his character to really make that statement, but the point is that it doesn't matter. A cop shot him at least six times while he was unarmed. That's the only story that matters right now, no matter what kind of CYA narrative the Ferguson cops and St. Louis Co. is trying to build to distract folks from the actual crime that was committed.

I know enough from seeing that video. That wasn't the first time he's stolen something and wasn't the first time he's bullied someone.

You can keep calling him unarmed, but the fists of a 6'4, 300 lb adult can still do serious damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I do not see any reasons why he was lethally shot, let alone six times.

Real life isn't like the movies. People can be shot multiple times and continue on with adrenaline. The fact that he was still bullrushing someone shooting at him until he was hit in the head is proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
I don't particularly think this was a good kid. But what is being released from the police department, and how, is entirely bullshit. The videotape of him in the store? It was highly edited - go watch the full version and tell me whether what the PD put out was reflective of the entire situation. The "kid was a suspect in a robbery" info release? That's a pretty blatant attempt to influence the jury pool since the officer did not know this and therefore is inadmissible in court. This pot information? Straight up character assassination. And it doesn't explain why the officer fired at least 6 shots, including (likely) the last two to the head to an unarmed subject who wasn't close enough to get powder burns.

There's been a blatant attempt to influence everyone (including a potential jury pool) by assassinating Officer Wilson's character. Difference between Officer Wilson and Michael Brown is that Officer Wilson has been trying to serve his community while Michael Brown sees fit to steal from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
Actually, you shouldn't be shooting at all. Police officers have other methods of subduing unarmed suspects. It's called use of force continuum.

Actually you're wrong. 6'4, 300 lbs adult attacking a smaller cop, already bashing his head good enough to send him to the hospital, and trying to take his gun = deadly force authorized. Especially if he's gearing up for round 2.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote