View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 11:26 AM   #19
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in another online league with some old college buddies.

Now we have a weird rule set that many might not find enjoyable. Namely we dont play any games (sim) until bowl season. And all H2H games are simmed.

But our recruiting rules are very simple but make the game a much tougher world than you woud think at first blush.
2 rules:
1) No team can sign more than 15 recruits per season. Over signs are cut in order of signing. If multiple commits at offseason stage put you over the number team owner can pick which player to keep.
2) During the cut phase the rest of the league chooses (via vote) one incoming freshman to eliminate from your team and you must cut them.

So what happens here is 14 x 5 = 70
If any player transfers or leaves early you have a walk on on your roster.
You have to be careful who you take early because it may mean you cant take stud late.
You have to over recruit a position of need. If you need a Qb and you sign a stud the league is cutting him, so you better sign two.
If you dont sign all 15 one year you are going to have walkons.
There is also a strategy that has developed of quickly signing 2&3 stars. and then just trying to sign as many players as posisble to force them to be cut.
I think one team last year had a starting QB (converted RB) ranked 48 OVR.

Like I said we have 10 owners who know each other well, we quite enjoy just screwing with each other. And we play 1 stage every day 7 days a week. Dont make the 9est deadline tough crap the league moves on. Its kinda fun though because a season lasts 2 weeks.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote