Thread: American - 2013
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 10:56 AM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Their first drive: 3 wild passes. We get a stop!

Our first drive stalled at the 50 when I decided I couldn't count on getting 2 yards and punted on 4th and 2.

Their 2nd drive - They marched down the field with ease. Their QB absolutely dissected our defense. Of course, he had wide open receivers to make it easy for him... They go up 7-0.

Our 2nd drive: We use a ground and pound with some short controlled passes to move the ball. We get inside their 10, but on 1st and goal from the 9, we get too cute and are sacked for a loss of 9. We just can't make up those yards and we have to settle for a FG

The only good news is that we ate up a lot of clock.

The kickoff return, they burst through our first line and have too much speed. Kickoff return for a TD. Down 14-3 like that.

We slowly march the ball down the field running it and using short passes. I decide to go for it on 4th and 3 from the 8... and the receiver holds onto the pass! We run the clock down more and get a TD with 19 seconds left to make it 14-10.

I consider squib kicking it but I kick it deep.... and I pay as they return another kickoff for a TD! Sheesh. 21-10 with 10 seconds left. At least, I get the ball next half.

Our first drive eats up most of the 3rd quarter but stalls inside the 10 as our receivers drop 2 potential TD passes. We decide to settle for a FG. Down 21-13.

We learned our lesson the hard way, we squib kick.

Somehow... someway, we get a defensive stop on 3rd and 10. They are going for it on 4th and 10 on our 34....

We pick off the pass!!!! Our first interception!

We go for it on 4th and 2 and complete the pass for 4 yards. Whew.

NO!!! Our best WR who is making all of our plays goes down with a serious injury and will miss most of the season

We are driving inside the 10... inspired by his loss... but now the windows are so small...

Colvin runs it in for a TD!!! 21-19. 3 minutes left. We are going for 2....

They stop the 2 point play with a quick sack of our QB.

We try squib kicking it but the speedster still gets it! Fortunately, a clipping penalty negates a huge return.

We get them into 3rd and 1.... we pack the middle.... they pitch it out and run it for 45 yards before our safety barely manages to catch the RB and shove him out of bounds. That gets them inside the 10 and we are running out of time outs.

We manage to stop them from scoring a TD but they were able to use up so much time before kicking the FG. We are down 24-19 and will get the kickoff with 12 seconds left...

No return of the deep kickoff.... can we get a deep pass somehow?

1st play... our WR drops a deep pass and he had a step on the guy...

2nd deep pass is broken up easily by their safety...

The Hail Mary is thrown so far wide left that it was out of bounds. Sheesh.

We fought hard but lose 24-19 to the Chitterlings.

(Now, please upload properly.)

Sheesh..... got the online dynasty error message

Retry isn't doing anything

I opened the ports and everything.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote