Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 07:25 AM   #83
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Just wanted to post this here, and any prayers or well wishes will be appreciated.

My backyard neighbor was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma last year. He had an initial surgery last winter, had gamma knife surgery on tumors that were in his brain last fall, and they just found 3 more yesterday. He is going in for surgery to remove one from his bowel that is causing bacteria to leak into his blood stream.

He has 3 wonderful daughters, the oldest is 6 years old, and the youngest is 2. His wife has somehow been managing to get through this, I really don't know how she has been able to hold everything together.

Here's hoping Paul can come through and beat this, and flip the bird to cancer at the same time.

I figured I would bump this with an update. Paul was recently featured in a web video for the local hospital where he received his cancer treatment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qFy_cejg2ek

While he has been told he will eventually die from it, he is currently cancer free. He has said it was surreal when I posted the above, he was hours from death due to sepsis that set in due to the tumor in his bowel. The doctors were debating whether or not to do the surgery as they were not sure if it would do anything for him.

He recovered from surgery and his cancer responded to the last round of chemo he went through.

Last edited by Warhammer : 10-25-2015 at 07:27 AM.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote