Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 05:57 AM   #125
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Spoke with the oncologist today. My wife's final survival rate was measured at 93%. As a result, they determined that the chemo actually would decrease her long term survival rate by 2%, so no chemo! She will have her ovaries shut down through a shot once a month (i.e. early menopause) and she'll take a pill called Tamoxifin once a day for the next 10 years. Those two things will increase her survival rate to 95%, which is about as high as you can get.

We're extremely blessed. We basically got the prognosis that cancer patients dream of when they begin this adventure they never asked for. We were talking in the car on the way home and, while the diagnosis is fantastic, we almost feel guilty for our situation. There are so many people who fight and struggle through treatments, surgery, etc. who do or don't make it. There's no logic at times as to who gets what, who lives and who dies. It sucks.

We're thankful, but are thinking about others who weren't as ridiculously fortunate as we are.

I missed this the first time around. I'm breathing a sigh of relief right along side of you MBBF. That's great to hear.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote