View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 09:04 AM   #238
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
With Vue, the DVR is in the cloud, is that correct? This does seem like an incredible service and if it were already available on Roku I'd likely have bought already. This might be the thing though that pushes me over into getting a PS4 (had debated it a few times and always decided against). How easy is it to navigate the Vue stuff on the PS4?

Yes, it is in the cloud for 28 days.

I got started on the Vue last night through the Fire Stick and am sold. There were some pauses, but not as bad as Sling. The other only small con, is that navigation is slow, but that is from my understanding, caused from the Fire Stick, not Vue itself.

I got the trial so if I do change my mind, I am out nothing. I did cancel Sling as my next bill was on the 19th, so I am not losing anything at all. I was able to setup my favorite channels and some recordings in about 15 mins, even with the slow navigation. Tonight, I will check my recording of 'The Americans' and hope it is smooth.

If the navigation and speed is better through the PS4, I too might be tempted to switch over from Xbox to PS4.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote