Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 04:36 PM   #155
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

My wife had what we hope was her final surgery last Thursday. She had the last stage of her breast reconstruction where the permanent implants were put in to replace the temporary expanders she had in for the last few months.

We're both slowly adjusting to the situation. She looks down and feels really weird having such a big change. It's just as weird for me to see such a dramatic physical change in my spouse. I suppose it wouldn't be as dramatic if she had chosen this path, but cancer chose it for us. She's having to throw out most of her nicer dresses since her new 'girls' won't fit in any of the dresses she has. She's enjoying picking out some new clothes, while lamenting the fact that a lot of her favorite clothes don't fit her anymore.

In addition, she has been put into premature menopause. I've had to learn about everything that involves in a really big hurry. It affects her mood at times and obviously the abrupt hormone changes are like a really bad joke for her body. You can never prepare yourself for these kinds of things and it's only worse when it happens nearly instantaneously.

I realize these are very small problems given how blessed we are in how this has all gone down, but it's just a big change in our life that we're having to learn about as we go along.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote