View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 01:00 PM   #286
Easy Mac

On the 2nd week of Vue. Working well so far, but haven't really put it through its paces yet. I called to cancel DirecTV, that sets in next week. I really wish they would come out with a Vue app that's native to Android TV. I have a Nexus player, and I can work it well enough using a game pad, but it's not useable at all for anyone else in my family on that TV.

Works fine on our 2 Fire TV sticks... the interface is slow, but the stream works well. Works OK on the Roku 3 after I changed a developer setting on the Roku, as I kept having the stream stop and reload every 10 minutes. I do wish they'd put a guide on the Roku version.

Love the price though. $35 a month and we get every channel we used on DirecTV, plus BEIN sports.

Downside is that network channels are over the air in my area, and we live just far enough away that I can't get HD CBS and any ABC without setting up an outdoor antenna. Even then, ABC might be too far away since its VHF here. I'm able to get CBS since they simulcast the SD feed on the CW station. Good news is, all ABC college football streams on WatchESPN, and we don't really watch anything else on ABC live. Then we can just on-demand the rest of their stuff.

Set up NextPVR on a PC upstairs with the indoor antenna picking up the channels. Have a dual Tuner PCI card, so we can record/watch 2 things at a time. Then I have NextPVR and Emby connected so I can live stream the network channels to any box in the house. Also able to stream any recorded network shows throughout the house. Works well on the AC router in the house.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote