View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 11:11 AM   #295
molson
General Manager

I went back to Dish after cutting DirectTV in January. It's kind of a relief, I never got used to the Vue DVR and it sometimes just didn't work. It wasn't reliable for sports. And the response-time of the Vue app always lagged even outside the DVR. And sometimes it randomly reset. Maybe I just don't have good enough internet in the neighborhood.

It's nice to just rely on Dish for 95%+ of my TV viewing (it even has a Netflix app), rather than trying to keep track of which shows I was watching on Netflix v. over-the-air v. vue v. various network apps using the Vue sign-on, v. some things working better on roku and others working better on the fire stick. And I never figured out all the different rules regarding what you can watch remotely, or in the house on different devices. (By the end, I somehow got locked out of watching anything beyond the main TV, and I didn't have the will to figure out what the issue was.) Plus, I was getting close to my internet cap month-after-month and don't have to worry about that anymore. And, it's kind of nice to old-school flip-around, I catch bits and pieces of a lot of random sports when I have time to sit down. It's $57/month for the next two years for a mid-range package after hunting for promo codes, maybe the landscape will look different at the end of this contract, but for now, I'm glad to be back.

Last edited by molson : 10-31-2016 at 11:21 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote