View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 12:45 PM   #297
Ned Doolittle
Banned

Sports are becoming overrated. With baseball, basketball and hockey schedules as long as they are there's only a handful of "must see" games in each sport (nothing that going to a bar to see those infrequent premier matchups couldn't solve). Fantasy sports is such a major part of viewership, especially for football, that it's surprising leagues aren't catering to that crowd even more (I personally think injury reports will begin to eventually be set the day before a game in order to accommodate fantasy football players, as opposed to having game time decisions, but that's for another discussion). Even now I'm only concerned with highlights and stats, watching the games isn't really necessary for me anymore especially since I'm a father and just can't devote *every* Sunday to sitting around watching football all day.

Demand drives value. If viewership is down and subscribers are shrinking there is no way ESPN will pay as much for the next contract. I'm more concerned with the fallout with fans and how the viewers are impacted.
Ned Doolittle is offline   Reply With Quote