View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 06:17 PM   #94
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Looks like Paul Ryan is ready to finally live out his masturbatory fantasies of a Randian utopia. But I guess it's silly for me to be worried.

It isn't silly of you to be worried. Not in the least. You SHOULD be worried. We all should.

On the other side, we can't even see the bill you and Ryan are talking about because it hasn't been created yet. Last I checked, the Republicans don't hold a super majority in any slot. The dems can block the same way the reps did against Obama.

We have multiple levels of government for a reason. Do we even know that the more moderate members of the Republican party are going to vote for the things being talked about now?

I don't like Trump, not even a little bit. I didn't vote for him. He won. We live in a democracy and the candidate you want and the policies you want don't always get put into play. I want a national ban on the death penalty. The people spoke pretty loudly this week that they didn't agree. I'll have to deal with that and a supreme court that will never remove it in my lifetime. Democracy giveth and it taketh away.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote