View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 12:30 PM   #411
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
He isn't beholden to the press nor the public for going to dinner. That was, best I noticed, the original notice of "not business as usual". Honestly, deep down, I'd say even plenty of media wouldn't mind not having to cover that sort of stuff either.

The 'going to dinner' side of things I don't object to at all - I do find his tone with any dissenting opinion which might be contrary to his own somewhat worrying however, attempting to brow beat the press and denigrate any which speak out in concern about his actions isn't going to further reassure those of us who find him somewhat worrying.

My issues are largely that he obviously has huge conflicts between what is best for the US and what might make him a profit within his corporations, he also appears to be hiring in people who might very negatively affect minority aspects of the US population both LBGTQ and immigrant ...

(economically I think his plans are messed up and will in time lead to a huge deficit which the Republicans will then use to attempt to further undermine Medicare and Welfare, but that is a separate issue and largely ideological in nature)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote