View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 12:04 PM   #156
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I'd alter that slightly, if the people in your party don't care. That's going to be the fatal flaw for any Dem Trump-like approach. They'll be an endless stream of concerned Dems on TV throughout the election.

That is part of what has to change. If you like the message, you are going to have to stop nit-picking the messenger. If only a flawless candidate can win, then we have already lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Republicans can shoulder minor "scandal" much better than Democrats can. Partly because they're more likely to vote no matter what. But even some Dem voters seem to bail more quickly.

Minor scandal? How about super-major scandal? They seem to be able to shrug off major crimes without blinking.

That's why I go back to that it is going to take a candidate to really catch fire and make people ignore the flaws. Of course, Democrats are horrible at that, but then you could argue Obama did just that. There were flaws there, but he was so charismatic that people ignore them. Can we find another? Is Harris that person? I wonder. She is definitely the first candidate I would consider financially supporting. I don't have much money to give, so I am holding out till I feel confident in someone.

In the end, I am still going to say it is all going to be in messaging. Can someone really spark the imagination to a point that their weaknesses and flaws are ignored? If you say no, we might as well get ready for four more years of Trump.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 06-29-2019 at 12:04 PM.