View Single Post
Old 09-04-2019, 01:27 PM   #331
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
What platform? It is 100% easier than you're making it, I guarantee it.

You started with one of the headspins: platform

I think - presuming internet suitability anyway - I could manage to get up on Mixer on XB1 without too much trouble. That'd suit my "noob stumbles through Stellaris console edition" temptation well enough.

Buuuuuut then we get to "noob stumbles through CDDA" on PC ... which brings us to OBS ... which brings me to "oh God, could my underwhelming laptop handle both" ... which runs to the frequent warnings about the learning curve for OBS ...

and then I start thinking, well, what about doing this game? or that game? and to which platform(s) for PC? And "can OBS stream AND record at the same time"? And would I figure out how to edit this stuff for multi-platform use? And ... well, you start to get the idea.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme. I'm not going to unseat Ninja from his throne any time soon.

It's really mostly born from a combination of "since I talk to myself while gaming anyway ... " and "games are a big part of my life day to day, while not add that to the parts I share" and "maybe I could be a little more motivated to spend time with games I enjoy / enjoy the thought of at least, rather than staying on the app game treadmill".

Meanwhile, I don't even know if there's a working XB1 headset in the house so there's probably a number of things to sort before anything ever happens anyway lol

edit to add: I mostly posted about it here/in this thread because I felt like I probably wasn't the only person who'd ever had that general reaction to it

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-04-2019 at 01:28 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote