View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:38 PM   #339
Atocep
Coordinator

Thoughts on Greedfall:

This isn't a AAA title so I'm not expecting AAA polish. With that said, it's like a combination of Vampyr's (lack of) polish and Dragon Age Origins.

*Combat is love it or hate it. It's deep and challenging, but nothing feels like it has weight. It does have drastically different playstyles between pure melee, range/melee, magic/ranged, magic/melee, and magic/ranged.

*I think the dialogue and story are very well done. A lot of depth in to the story. It's heavily politically driven and inspired by real world politics and wars. You're essentially playing as an adventuring diplomat so expect lots of dialogue, political intrigue, lying, and half truths.

*Quests are varied although, at least in the early going, it's a lot of A to B to C to A type stuff. No fetch quests or anything like that.

*Facial animations are Mass Effect 3 bad.

*The camera can be a bit wonky.

*The polish (lack of) and feel of character movements reminds me Vampyr. I really struggled to get into that game, but the story and dialogue here has kept me interested.

*It's not open world. Like Dragon Age Origins it's open area.

This is going to be a very polarizing game. It's a big step forward for Spiders as a studio, but it's a game with moderate flaws. How heavily you weigh those flaws against its strengths is going to be the difference between a game that's a 6 and a game that's an 8.

Last edited by Atocep : 09-10-2019 at 09:41 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote