View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 11:04 AM   #18
PilotMan
Head Coach

I have a friend who is going through some tough times, and he keeps wanting to hang out for his own support and sanity and I keep blowing him off. I apologized, and told him I just don't want to be around anyone right now, except my little family bubble. Any sort of face to face, human interaction right now, other than being home, or heading off to work, seems like overload and I'd rather avoid it. So I'm pleasantly content here, but I know that I am doing him a disservice and being a shitty friend as a result.

For once, I agree with Jon. You summed up my feelings. It's just a general rise of agitation and frustration. Over the last 24-48 hours we've at least gotten some guidance and the next few months anyway look to have some level of stability, but what happens when that wears off? Not good things, I can tell you that.

I'm worn out. I'm worn out by the responsibility for other peoples messes, and bullshit. So sick of trump's utter bullshit.

My dad's brother died this morning. I have a very small family. Three uncles, four first cousins, and none of us live near one another. Didn't grow up together. But this man took time out of his life to come and visit with me and look out for me when I flew unaccompanied, as a little kid, through Minneapolis. He'd meet my plane, get me some food, visit, and I'd get to see two of my cousins. We would talk and then he would put me on the next plane. I thought that was so cool. As an adult, I think it was even more amazing. To give that time up. My dad and his brother are nearly polar opposites. It's hard to believe that they grew up together, and they were not close as adults. I haven't seen him in years, but he holds a special place in my heart. Not being able to go see the family or think about his funeral right now is frustrating.

I am paralyzed by a failure to commit to even menial activities which leaves me even more frustrated when I don't feel like I'm living life to the fullest. Ugh.....this shouldn't sound like a pity party. Life is good and I shouldn't be complaining at all. So, so, so many other things could be wrong and so, so, so many other people are struggling with so much more than I am today. Suck it up man, suck it up and get out of your head.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 03-28-2020 at 11:05 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote