View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 11:18 AM   #19
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

It may be insane, but I don't care. I'm not concerned at all.

I still go into work (Pennsylvania) for a pharma company, I've managed to negotiate 1/2 days (6:30 AM to 10:30 AM). I'm up at 5, in work, and out of work before lunch, I don't go anywhere else. I wear gloves, I used to be fully gowned in another job, so aseptic technique is ingrained in me.

The kids all are all, my oldest is 19, bored, but doing virtual college. Her girlfriend lives with us too (same college, roomies). They're good and responsible. The gf is more reserved. She just lost two jobs, while my daughter lost one. But they have their own laptops and an xbox one to keep them occupied.

The eight year old is enamored with switch and Minecraft, so aside from the virtual schooling, he's self-sustained.

The four year old can be a handle, but we have a finished basement, and a boatload of toys to keep him occupied.

My wife works from home, so the situation hasn't changed for her.

My parents made it back from Hawaii, and haven't exhibited any symptoms. They are staying in even though they're fox news dummies.

I hate the president and the majority of republicans who I hold blame for letting this situation get out of control.

Still, I'm fully stocked, we have internet, and heat. And if we didn't have internet, we have movies and games.

I've been through the HIV/AIDS scare, I've been through 9/11. I know it's only a matter of time before one of us in the household could get it. We'll have to manage. We have a spare room for isolation if need be.

My biggest concern is that my daughter who is not of my blood, but my wife and I have taken care of her full time from the age of 13 (I dated a pregnant woman and raised the daughter as my own; the relationship didn't take but my daughter and I have stuck together).

My daughter filed taxes; my ex-gf wanted to claim her as a dependent. My daughter refused, so my ex and her husband have now taken her off their insurance. So she has no insurance now; I'm working with a lawyer (hopefully) to adopt her. She's applying for CHIP since she's still eligible at 19, but even that didn't phase me. We had a long-term goal of adopting her, we were going to do it sooner but the ex agreed to her college loans but now they're ceasing that.

All in all, stay low, stay apart and stay calm. I've got like 100 steam games to play, 3 guitars a drum set and an ipad to keep me occupied. It's an introvert's dream.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote