View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 04:14 PM   #27
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'ma add one that I suspect will be relateable for some here.

You'd think that the current situation would be great for gaming productivity. Instead I find myself with too short an attention span / concentration ability to get even a normal amount of gaming done.

Which kinda sucks.

Yeah I related to this and a lot of your earlier posts as well. Definitely feeling pretty down these days. The grocery store is definitely depressing. I am also feeling the almost constant agitation, to the point that I think I've been a pretty crappy dad lately, losing my shit at the drop of a hat. Lack of work isn't helping, nothing focused to distract me and I find I lose myself for hours just reading Reddit threads and other wasted time, and when I pry myself away I'm just sad and/or agitated.

Something else troubling me is that my wife seems to be wanting to order out for food every second or third day, as she feels the need to support the local restaurants. Meanwhile I'm sort of freaking out about not being able to afford that sort of thing, but that I can't say anything because she's the one pulling in the money.

I keep hoping that things will change when I find work, but I'm also worried that may not happen for quite some time, at least not in the form I had hoped.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote