View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 01:38 AM   #3469
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Here's a question as I think about modifying settings to maximize realism to the extent possible: how could I increase transfers by a few hundred percent?

Allowing players to refuse redshirts and get upset about playing time is one idea. Upping academic suspensions (which also deprives players of PT) is another. Any other ideas?

This is one thing I have not tested a lot, because I don't love how transfers work and it's so rare that a solid contributor ever transfers. To be fair, this game was made well before there was a transfer portal or graduate transfers were a thing.

I don't know if you could get AI teams to do it, but one way to get a talented guy to transfer would be to let him have a ton of playing time one year, then the 2nd year start to restrict so that he doesn't play much at all. I think this might induce someone to leave. Removing a scholarship and limiting playing time would probably have some effect too? Maybe not allowing players to leave early, so rosters don't have natural turnover and guys get logjammed at positions.

Now I'm curious and will need to do some testing.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 03-30-2020 at 01:53 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote