View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 08:46 AM   #256
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
We're typically ordering out 2-3 times a week. Most of the time, we do curbside pickup. Last weekend, we had Mission BBQ deliver and it was excellent. The food was hot, packaged very nicely, and I didn't give it a second thought.

Last night, we used DoorDash for the first time to support one of our favorite local restaurants. Besides the driver turning into a different development and calling me to say the Security Guard can't find our name/address (the DoorDash website shows the current location of the driver, and I could see he drove right past our entrance), he also placed the food at our door with the bag turned sideways which caused spillage. I immediately made a decision to only order from restaurants that do their own deliveries. I've at least talked myself into thinking they may have a slightly higher level of care.

I DoorDash all the time and the cheeseburger people I see doing it makes me never want to order it for myself. Seen some “yikes” out there. Like no showers greasy ripped T-shirt types with kids in the car. I don’t think I’m fundamentally better than those people, but I do know proper grooming. Also there’s literally no ID check EVER once the account has been created. So whomever is delivering your food might not be the same as the person on the account. So good times, no background checks, yay! Probably also some exploited undocumented people working as well. I have no proof but it’s also not hard to imagine with the complete lack of verification .

As a company DoorDash used to routinely steal tips and force itself in on restaurants that didn’t even know they were on the platform. My area doesn't have any other food apps available so I’m stuck with them. It doesn’t make sense to commute out with no uber rides. Uber Eats is my personal delivery platform of choice to work for.

Last edited by stevew : 04-16-2020 at 08:49 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote