View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 02:40 PM   #249
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

As it just so happens, there IS a "okay, what say you?" topic we'd appreciate your input/insight on.

Might as well not dance around the identity of the players at this point, so I'll just use the real contenders.

What would you say about the job prospects with a degree from UT-Knoxville versus Univ of Miami?

Specifically, not looking at it in the sense of the institutions (which aren't that far apart in ratings) but rather in the sense of graduating from a school in a much larger market vs a decidedly smaller
market.

For the purpose of the question, let's assume that his primary long term goal is earnings ("I'm a money-grubbing sumbitch" was his own statement just minutes ago) and his idyllic job is something in the federal prosecution line.
(Yeah, we realize the paradox I just described).

Right now, the advice he's getting from some practicing attorneys is that "if all things are otherwise even (or even just close)" head to Miami because it leads to more opportunities, if only due to larger area and higher profile.

But, what say you?