View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 01:41 AM   #438
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I've thought about playing D&D with roll20-and-like when I'm retired. There's a game store within 5 miles that sells games, comics and has multiple tables for gaming sessions. They are obviously impacted right now but something to think about as places start to gradually open up.

My D&D group is one of the things I'm most missing, thanks to covid.

To echo others, I've always been pretty introverted, and at this point my social life is filled by more and more friends that have drifted out of local range, and turned into long-distance friends, and I'm less likely to 'go out' anyways as I get older, to the point that it seems like the effects of staying-at-home should be no problem, and isn't that far removed from my normal daily life.

....instead it's served as something closer to 'a moment of clarity' (or more likely 'a moment of depression'), realizing that I wish I did have more friends here to hang out with, and I wish I did 'go out' more (in some capacity consistent with being a crusty middle-aged person). I'd like to believe when things return to some level of normalcy I might be motivated to try and make some change in that regard, but that's a lot easier said than done.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 05-18-2020 at 01:44 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote