View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 08:44 AM   #490
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Well I guess it was nice knowing you all. Congrats Jon. I tried the battle royale version sometime ago, but it never really grabbed me.

I'm not sure I'm prepared to say it's grabbed me either. I picked it up a few days ago largely as a lark, as much to amuse the young 'un as anything. (Yeah, he enjoys seeing me REALLY suck at a game now & then, imagine that).

I don't care much for the b.r. genre, I'm largely entertained by trying using my very limited skillz to meta the XP bonuses, bonus whoring at it's finest. And the skill based matchmaking makes for a MUCH easier time of things now than when the game first launched.

The other benefit, honestly, is that it doesn't strain my eyes and worsen a headache that I've head for over 3 days now. It's not "close work" like Stellaris or even like playing COD, so I can play something on the console without my head hitting the eject button and departing my shoulders.