Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #325
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Hey Jon, So is your wife home yet? Feeling "okay?" still

Oops, sorry, given my mental state* it's hard to remember what I have (or haven't) posted somewhere.

We picked her up Thursday morning, home by about noon Thursday. Largely medicated since then, happily though we're staying ahead of the pain management thus far.

The combined prescription load -- seven in all, for a variety of functions, provided some levity for everyone here, as Will returned with it Thursday evening ... in a full-size brown paper grocery bag.

Quote:
"I felt like I went grocery shopping in 1982 ... I had no idea the drive thru window at CVS would swing all the way out and both sides opened up, who knew? ... if I get pulled over with this much dope in the car, I'm going straight to jail, no passing go, no collecting $200"

I suspect we're all slowly transitioning from "relieved to be past the surgery" to "rising nerves about the lab report and follow up plan" but that's just part of the roller coaster that has to be ridden.

*Prior to this morning, I'd only managed to sleep more than 3h in a single session once in the previous 9 days. I'm a bit ... fuzzy.