View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 08:50 PM   #159
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Southland is a lot of fun, especially with more human ADs. I expect it to be very competitive over the next couple of seasons now that recruiting has becomes more difficult by orders of magnitude. I went from all 3* rated recruits in year 1 and 2, to dumpster diving 2* and 1* dudes last offseason (none of the ones I ended up with were initial targets, outside of one very undersized 3* big), which I think is more indicative of how it will be for low prestige schools going forward, outside of the odd steal. I'm leaning heavy on those first 2 classes still, so once they graduate it's going to get interesting.

My other school Utah have made it out of the meat grinder and into the Pac-12 Tourney final. Didn't expect it, and the recruiting struggles of some of the other top schools obviously helped. We also didn't graduate anyone of note and added a solid recruiting class. Hoping for a #2 seed and maybe a long shot at a #1 seed if we can win the Pac-12 final versus underdog Oregon State, but our foul struggles and inability to keep other teams off the offensive glass puts a ceiling on us I think, as much as we try to slow the game down to hide that.

Also picked up Columbia in the Ivy league late last season, and took them from the bottom to 3rd place which I'm happy about. We picked up a couple of solid recruits, in particular our #1 target PG Kris Poster. He led us in scoring at 13.7 PPG on a ridiculous .522 shooting from 2, and .489 from 3. I bumped up his primacy as the season went on and it barely affected his efficency, so I expect he's going to be a major contributor throughout his career... assuming he doesn't transfer to a bigger school.

Excited for the Poster / Glasco rivalry for the next three years.