Thread: F*^$ Cancer
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 11:56 AM   #327
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I feel like I should update y'all, even when there's really not been an update.

Today is day 14 of the "7-10 days for lab results to come back". We've heard exactly nothing from that. Nada. Zip. Zero. Crickets.

Her surgeon has now scheduled a follow-up visit on 7/23 and at this point I don't think we expect to be told anything until then. Unclear whether that's because the doctor has been yet again on vacation (I believe she'll have been out of the office 6 weeks out of 12 by the time we see her again, best we can count)

We're largely operating day-to-day trying to focus on the idea that "no news should probably be good news" but honestly there's no way to know if that's right OR if we're whistling past the proverbial graveyard about it.

Wife is having her surgical staples removed this afternoon, the post-surgical recovery part has gone reasonably smoothly, though she's having her usual post-heavy-drug issues (where she's basically kinda hungover as she comes off the strong stuff).

So, basically, we wait.