View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 08:42 AM   #32
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I finished my Master of Arts, Teaching degree last year. My student teaching was cut short in March. They just gave us some extra reflection assignments to make it up.

The county I got a job in is doing all virtual instruction, but is having the teachers still come in to the school and lead lessons from there. It's been a crazy way to begin my career as most of the people who would normally be helping me get situated and ready are just as confused as I am. Part of the problem is that the county waited so long trying to make in person lessons happen that when they switched, they didn't really have time to fully prepare for how it was going to work.

I actually agree with the mental health issues. Not only that, but online instruction is useless for kids in SPED programs or with specific IEP's. But there are ways to work around that. Allowing small class pods to meet for SPED/IEP instruction, allowing in person appointments for counseling services, etc. are all reasonable adjustments that can be made, just like the meal service programs that have been created. These can be done without shoving 2,000 kids into crowded hallways and classrooms.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote