View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 07:51 AM   #355
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Splitting the stock makes it easier for small investors to buy in and then hopefully continue to push the price higher. It's much easier financially and mentally for an average person to buy a share at $100 than $400. I mean what regular person could afford a share in Berkshire Hathaway at $290k but if they had split the stock over and over again throughout time lots of us would buy in at $100 a share.

Nevermind, I saw Apple popped like 10% a couple Fri ago and still going strong now. I like this psychological (and artificial) uplift.

I said in another post, it took forever for Apple to be at 1T and now after 2-3 years they are within spitting distance of 2T. They look unstoppable right now. I think I have more than I should with Apple but I'll keep on rolling with them because I think the iPhone 12 and 5G will be a hit, especially since they will have lower cost models.

With that said, I am leaning towards Android this cycle. The Pixel 4a is probably all I need but Pixel 5 with (supposed) larger screen would be better.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote