View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 12:23 PM   #81
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
At the risk of asking a glaringly obvious question ... what the fuck have they been doing for the past 5-6 months?

I get that there are going to be some who simply aren't going to be able to figure out Zoom (et al) but it's not as though there might not have been a notion that getting a handle on the basic stuff might be a good idea.

Have you been ignoring my complaints?

Here is an example. My wife’s school district is transitioning from Edsby to Canvas. I guess it was planned prior to the shutdown. They just allowed the teachers access to the live system on Monday after a four hour seminar (through Zoom, no hands on) about a month ago. She is one of the lucky ones as she has access to what the student would as well as what the parents see. Those teachers who don’t have kids in the school don’t have those views or at least have not been taught that. They are also supposed to be transitioning from Zoom to another platform because of some complaints about the platform That’s right, they still don’t know if that’s happening as yet. School starts Monday.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote