View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 06:15 AM   #157
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I saw a similarly bit of ... sub-par phrasing ... not fifteen minutes ago.

From the alternative (county-run) charter school back in my hometown, a copy of the flyer being given to students who are sent home "Students presenting signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or that have had a risk of exposure will be sent home to work virtually."

That ain't the sketchy part though. It's this bit:
"Someone from the school will contact you when it is safe for you to return to school. If your symptoms get worse, please follow up with a doctor before returning to school."

Notice that there's no indication that they're doing ANYTHING other than counting days since you sneezed three times before saying "hey, c'mon back"
No testing requirement, no follow up calls, nada, zip, zero.

So conceivably get sent home because somebody's perfume triggered your allergies. So conceivably get told to come back even though you're asymptomatic but actually have it.

#brilliant
My assumption when filling out the form in the app was that because I was able to answer in the negative for all of the other six questions and because there were five different symptoms listed in that particular question, the "yes" on that one would trigger a follow-up, like maybe five radio buttons used to check off which of the symptoms they have, and perhaps a severity scale for those that they do have. But...no. Even just a runny nose from some mild fall allergy would yield a "stay home" response.

Interestingly enough, the principal's clarification email was "if her symptoms clear up or it becomes evident that it is because of another medical explanation, she may return to campus," which (thankfully) is not in line with what's written in the school's official reopening guide. Her response seems much more reasonable than waiting 10 days or running to the doctor for a note every time your kid gets a runny nose.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 09-11-2020 at 06:44 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote