View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 02:10 PM   #307
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Yeah, but there were a ton of comments all over social media after Atlanta's screw-up about not jumping on the ball before it got to 10 yards. And that ball didn't even look like it was going to go 5 yards but it somehow kept going. If the ball last night doesn't get up on its point, it very well could have continued to slowly wobble for another 3 yards.

The other interesting thing about that Saints kick is that the player in position to recover had it gone 10 yards was pushed out of bounds in the back by a Packer. Shouldn't that have been offsetting penalties? I don't know how penalties work on kicks like that, but theoretically, that block in the the back is no different than a block in the back on a kick off or punt that goes out of bounds, out of the end zone, or is fair caught. The penalty is assessed. So here, wouldn't you have a penalty against each team?

Right, the Atlanta criticism is well-deserved even though that ball was going slow as molasses. I don't care how slow it's going, once it gets to 9 yards - maybe even 8 - you gotta fall on that thing.

Would love to hear an explanation of the guy out of bounds thing. I thought once you went out of bounds you couldn't be the first person to touch the ball?
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote