View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 03:03 AM   #503
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
So that's going to be the issue regardless of what fire stick or streaming device you get. Your wife ended up on the DVR somehow and a new streaming device on HDMI 2 isn't going to change that at all.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

No no, I've long since given up on the DVR thing with her. Sorry, throwing that example in probably created confusion. I simple meant it as an illustration of the level of issues.

Half the time, I think, she ends up getting lost just trying to get TO the app menus on the smart tv. If she does get there and clicks, say, the Netflix app (or YT or whatever) the response time is horrendous. She may think it didn't register, ends up clicking again. Or means to but clicks the wrong button on the remote or ends up in one of the tabs at the top instead of in the app menu or whatever.

My question was based around whether maybe getting to HDMI2 and the Firestick interface being there could be an improvement IF the interface was simpler -- not like the TV interface with 4-5 tabs across the top with only one of those being the app screen she oughta be on. And maybe as a dedicated "device" it might have response times better than 2-3 minutes it takes this smart tv to open any of the stupid apps and actually connect/become functional.

From the replies here, honestly, it sounds like Firestick would be marginal improvement at most unfortunately. I was just trying to do good, make it not be such an ordeal for her to watch stupid apps on the stupid TV. (I can usually do it but she hates to summon me from the batcave to do so, etc etc). It may just be a bridge too far (which is kinda what the child unit said to me when I ran this idea by him)