View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 08:08 AM   #193
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I hate being responsible and being treated like we are unreasonable. Here's the scenario:

HS basketball starting in about 3 weeks. Practice officially opened last Monday. Coach wants the team to do some sort of bonding event, leaves it up to the girls to figure out. They decide to have a sleepover after the first scrimmage. WTF? We told Mackenzie no. She's apparently the only one not going.

Are we in the wrong here? Are we just supposed to suck it up and let her stay with 15-20 other girls overnight at someone else's house and hope for the best? One kid gets Covid and the team is in quarantine and not practicing/playing. This is rural/suburban KY, cases are increasing but largely under control in our county (compared to others), and there's a lot of pent up hostility over the way school and sports have been railroaded by Covid, not to mention having to wear masks, etc. You know, typical MAGA Country shit.

I feel terrible and guilty for not allowing her to go, while also knowing it is the sensible thing to do. Having to make these calls (compare with my response in the Thanksgiving thread) is difficult and seemingly a choice between what I can live with and what I can't with Covid as the backdrop. This crap needs to end.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote