View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 05:35 PM   #50
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I'm staying home with my dog for Thanksgiving. I have done it before as I live 3+ hours from any family. Honestly, it's kind of nice in a way. No one is stressed about making a meal for people. I can make a few of my favorites dishes and just sit down and watch football a lot of the day. Turkey Tenderloins are a good choice instead of a full turkey for anyone who has a Thanksgiving gathering of two or fewer people.

I am hoping to have a Zoom call with my family on either Thanksgiving or Black Friday.

I am undecided on Christmas. My Dad's wife is an Evangelical Christian. I get the sense she runs around a decent amount helping out her seven adult children and I am not sure if she takes the pandemic seriously enough. My sister, who lives in the same city as my Dad, works in a hospital so she might be a bit more at risk as well. I am not sure I want to take the risk of getting COVID by going there for Christmas with a vaccine seemingly very close.

My brother, sister-in-law, and other sister live in the DC area (I live in the Louisville, KY) and are also of the mindset of taking no chances so I won't be going out there for Christmas.

I have been working from home since March and currently only going to the store about once or twice a week so I am hoping I can avoid getting it.

Last edited by Racer : 11-16-2020 at 05:39 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote